Simon Shaw graduated with many awards and honours, including four Talent Trust scholarships, in the spring of 2007 from the Newark and Sherwood School of Violin Making and Repair, Newark, England. This institution is one of the foremost violin making schools in the world. Simon is now a professional luthier practicing in Halifax.
Marc began his violin studies at the age of six with his father, violinist Philippe Djokic. He has been the recipient of several awards and scholarships including the Kiwanis Festival of Music Rose Bowl Prize, the Hudson Community Scholarship, the Martha Holden Jennings Foundation Scholarship Award, and several NSTT Awards, including the prestigious Raymond Simpson Award, and the Lieutenant Governor's Award.
The Nova Scotia Talent Trust has supported me every step of the way, from my earliest beginnings in the study of music to my current pursuit of a master's degree in music composition at McGill. Thanks to their generous support, I have been given the means to realize my dream of making a career in music as a composer and arranger of music. For this, I am deeply grateful.
It is amazing to know that there are so many wonderful people who invest so much time and effort because they truly care about the successful development of our futures as artists. I am so thankful to have such support from the Nova Scotia Talent Trust- it is incredibly encouraging and helpful on so many levels.
Cellist Denise Djokic is one of the most exciting talents of her generation and has thrilled audiences worldwide with the youthful vigour, confidence and passion of her playing.
- December 13, 2016 - NSTT Awards over $31,000 to 2016 Special Award Recipients
- November 28, 2016 - NSTT Special Awards Ceremony at Halifax Central Library
- September 15, 2016 - NSTT awards $75,000 to 46 NS Emerging Artists
- January 14, 2016 - NSTT Application Deadlines for 2016
- December 14, 2015 - NSTT awards over $32,000 to 2015 Special Award Recipients
- November 25, 2015 - 2015 Special Awards Ceremony at Halifax Central Library
- January 14, 2015 - Application Deadlines for 2015
- December 16, 2014 - NSTT awards over $33,000 to 2014 Special Award Recipients
- November 27, 2014 - Special Awards Ceremony at Alderney Landing Theatre
- November 4, 2014 - New Website for Nova Scotia Talent Trust made possible by HRM’s Community Grant and immediaC’s Support
- September 24, 2014 - NSTT gives out $75,000 in Scholarships to 51 Nova Scotia Emerging Artists
- July 3, 2014 - Volunteers Sought for the NS Talent Trust Scholarship Selection Committee
- January 9, 2014 - NSTT Application Deadlines for 2014